Welcome to the best bingo rules guide! Bingo is undoubtedly one of the easiest casino games to play. So, if you have anxiety about bingo rules or how to play, don’t! This bingo rules guide is targeted at new bingo players. But, experienced players can also use it as a refresher course.
Bingo is not only fun, you can also win some nice pocket money playing the game. It may not be much, but every penny counts these days. In this guide, we’ll list and discuss all the rules of the game. You must familiarise yourself with these before you play for real money.
Best Bingo Sites 2021
Bingo Rules Page Guide
- Online Bingo Rules of Play
- Bingo Rules on How to Win
- Bingo Hall Rules
- How to Play Bingo
- Play Bingo Online
Real Money Bingo Online
The objective of the game is quite simple, you can’t go wrong. You have to form a winning pattern on at least one of your bingo cards to win. Generally, the patterns include crosses, vertical, horizontal, or diagonal straight lines.
There are many online bingo variations but luckily the rules of the game stay the same across the board. Have a look at our bingo rules breakdown below.
- The first rule to playing bingo for real money is that you must make a deposit. Fortunately, bingo games are not expensive.
- You must meet the minimum betting limit of the casino to play. As mentioned, bingo is an affordable game, so the betting limits should be well within budget. However, how much you pay will depend on the type of bingo game you’ve decided to play.
- You may leave the game any time if you no longer want to play.
- All losses accrued while playing online will not be returned.
In a bingo game, there are three ways to win. These bingo rules on how to win apply to online casinos and land-based casinos. The rules state you can only win if:
- You manage to mark off a full line of numbers that go vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
- You have marked off two full lines on your bingo card that forms a cross
- You manage to do the impossible and mark off every single number called. This is otherwise known as a full house.
The bingo rules in a bingo hall are slightly stricter. But, most of them apply to the bingo host or operator which is great. That way all you have to do is focus on winning.
- Persons under 18 are not allowed to participate. However, some bingo halls lower that age restriction to children over 12.
- Bingo halls that host more than 100 bingo players are required to have at least 2 “spotters” who oversee what happens on the floor. Spotters are not allowed to participate in the game.
- Every bingo card must have 15 numbers printed on them. Cards with less or more is an invalid bingo card.
- Every card in circulation must have the same serial number printed on it. It’s also the caller’s responsibility to read out the serial number before every game.
- Some bingo halls spice things up by permitting split bingo games. A split game is one that aims for a specified pattern or range of numbers. Anything outside of that will not get you a win.
- The caller must announce if a split game is about to happen. And all prizes awarded to split game winners must be in accordance with section 5A(2)(a) of the Interactive Gambling Act.
- A bingo game may only conclude when a player has won.
- Bingo jackpots are capped at a certain amount. In Australian bingo halls that amount is about $3000.
- The prize money must be made up of the money used to pay for the bingo cards. If more than $3000 is raised, the remaining amount must go to charity or can be used by the host to cover hosting expenses.
Now that you know all the bingo rules, you may also be interested in how to play. Well, playing bingo online or in a bingo hall couldn’t be easier. To play online, follow these easy steps:
- Login to your casino account and make a deposit.
- Head over to the games section and search for the kind of bingo game you want to play. The common options are 90-ball bingo, 80-ball bingo and 75-ball bingo.
- Then, choose the amount you would like to bet by clicking on the – or + signs displayed on the screen. Be sure to meet the minimum betting requirement for that specific casino.
- Next, click the spin button to activate the casinos random number generator (RNG).
- The RNG will then reveal different numbers which are automatically filled and highlighted on your online bingo card.
- All that’s left to do is patiently watch the screen and hope they form a winning pattern.
- If you aren’t getting anywhere, some casinos do have the option of discarding your current bingo card(s) in exchange for a new set.
- When you win, your payout will be credited to your overall balance which should be displayed on the screen.
- You can use your payout to further fund other bingo sessions or you can cashout.
- There are wagering requirements at every casino so be sure to read through those first before opting to cashout.
Bingo is a light-hearted casino game meant to be enjoyed. You shouldn’t have to worry about the casino and whether or not you are in good hands. We include only the best, most reliable online casinos in our table above. You can read more about them in our casino reviews. When you are ready, visit any one of them today to start playing bingo online!