Almost every virtual casino offers a welcome bonus as a way of attracting new players. This bonus can be claimed when you open up an account with that casino site. There are various types of welcome bonuses available online, such as a no deposit welcome bonus, free spins on sign-up, or a deposit bonus.
When playing online, you should take advantage of these types of bonuses. With that, we have created a thorough guide to understanding how a welcome bonus works. We also share the various types of welcome bonuses and all the info you will need when claiming such a bonus.
Best Welcome Bonus Online Casino
Australian Casino Welcome Bonus Page Content
- Online Casino Welcome Bonuses Explained
- Sign Up Bonus Types
- Welcome Bonus Requirements
- FAQs About Welcome Bonuses
A welcome bonus is a type of bonus used by online casinos to attract new players. This bonus is used to lure new players to sign up to the casino site. The welcome bonus is also known as a deposit bonus, sign-up bonus or a new player bonus.
This bonus will come in different forms such as free spins, or as a bonus to match your deposit amount. This means that if you deposit $100 at the casino, it will match your $100 by giving you an additional $100. In total, you will have $200 in your new casino account after claiming this welcome bonus.
The welcome bonus will be redeemable with your initial deposit, or it can be paid out over your first 10 deposits at the casino. But this will vary from casino to casino. The matchup percentage can go from 100% to 500%.
How to Claim the Welcome Bonus
Before you can claim any welcome bonus, you need to do your research. You will have to check out various virtual casinos to see which one suits you best. You also have to check the welcome bonus terms before signing up to the casino site. It is essential that you also read the terms and conditions of this welcome bonus to see what is expected of you before claiming the bonus. When that is done, follow these five easy steps to claim your welcome bonus.
- Register an account with the casino site of your choice
- Read over the terms and conditions of the welcome bonus before making a deposit.
- Head to the cashier to make a deposit using a payment method of your choice for your first initial deposit.
- Ensure you are depositing an amount that allows you to claim the bonus. The casino site will stipulate the minimum deposit amount needed to redeem the bonus.
- Use the bonus code if necessary to claim the bonus. The welcome bonus will be credited to your casino account once your first deposit clears out.
The best welcome bonus online casino sites will create a welcome package that has various bonuses included. But, what are these bonuses, and how can you use them? Below we explain the different welcome bonuses which you will find online.
- Deposit match bonus – this type of bonus will see the casino match the amount you have deposited into your casino account. This is the most popular welcome bonus found online and is generally the biggest bonus you will get from the casino site. For example, if you deposit $50, the casino site will mirror your initial deposit, giving you an additional $50 to play with.
- Welcome bonus no deposit – this is the rarest casino bonus that you will find online. With this bonus, you will get a small amount of free cash to play casino games for real money without depositing it into your casino account. This bonus will generally be directed at slots or keno games, but this varies from casino to casino.
- Free spins on sign up – this is another popular addition to the welcome bonus. The casino will give you free spins to play on one of the popular slots or video poker games. Or, you can get free spins to try out one of the newer slot machines.
- Sports betting sites welcome bonus – welcome bonuses are not limited to casino sites only. With the sports welcome bonus, you will be able to make bets on your favourite sports team at the casino sportsbook.
- Mobile welcome bonus – most casinos sites will give new players a lucrative welcome bonus for playing at the mobile casino.
How to Choose A Welcome Bonus
The one thing you can’t deny is that all the players are spoilt for choice when it comes to welcome bonuses. With so many options to choose from, it can get quite overwhelming. So, we have some tips for other players looking to find the best welcome bonuses online.
- Look around for bonuses before claiming – It is important to remember that you shouldn’t claim the first deal you come across. We suggest that you shop around for different welcome bonuses before claiming.
- You can decline bonuses that are not worth it – You are not inclined to accept the casinos welcome bonus if you don’t want it. If you are not comfortable with the requirements attached to the welcome bonus, you should decline it.
- Read the terms and conditions – We cannot stress enough how important it is to read the fine print attached to the welcome bonus. These bonuses have many requirements that you have to meet before you can cash out.
- Use your bonus before playing with your bankroll – The last thing you want to face is winning big but still having to fulfil wagering requirements before withdrawing your winnings. Playing through your bonus before playing with your bankroll will work in your advantage.
The most important aspect of claiming a welcome bonus is considering the wagering requirements. Wagering requirements are a condition put in place by casinos to ensure that players don’t abuse the bonus.
Wagering requirements were put in place to ensure that players were not withdrawing or transferring their winnings made from playing with the bonus until they had played a set number of games. Casino sites give you bonuses to ensure that you stick around, and wagering requirements are a great way to do this.
Each welcome bonus will have its own wagering requirements. The casino site will also tell you which games will contribute to fulfilling this wagering requirement. The playthrough rate at most virtual casinos ranges from 10 to 70 times. The standard playthrough rate at a casino site will range between 40 and 50x. Wagering requirements that are slightly higher than 50 are punitive and should be looked out for.
Welcome Bonus Benefits
- Claiming this bonus can maximize the value of your account at the casino.
- Welcome bonuses allow you to try out the casino at minimal cost to you.
- Sign-up bonuses give you extra cash to enjoy your favourite casino games.
- Various casino welcome bonuses allow you to try out new and popular games.
- You can win real money with limited risk when you play using welcome bonuses.
A welcome bonus is given to new players by a casino site for signing up to that casino. There are various welcome bonuses that you can claim such as a matchup bonus or free spins. The offering will vary from casino to casino.
The playthrough requirement is the casino template, which tells you how much you need to wager to cash out. You can calculate the playthrough amount by multiplying your deposit amount by the casinos stipulated requirement.
Only new players can claim welcome bonuses. If you are a returning player to the casino site, you’ll be able to claim any of the other bonuses that the casino offers. Generally, a welcome bonus can only be claimed once.
Once you have played through the welcome bonus as per the casinos wagering requirements, you will be able to cash out any winning made from the welcome bonus.
Yes, claiming a welcome bonus can be beneficial to you. Bonuses offer you additional funds meaning extra playtime for you. If a welcome bonus has unreasonable wagering requirements, it is probably not worth claiming.
To use welcome bonuses, you will have to be a new player to the casino. You can claim the bonus at the cashier after making a deposit. Or, some bonuses can be claimed while making your initial deposit.
Not every player is entitled to the welcome bonus. These bonuses are only meant for new players at the casino.
To fulfil the casino’s wagering requirements, you will follow the casinos’ instructions. The casino will explain what the playthrough requirements are as well as which games contribute to the bonus.
Most casinos offer casino bonuses such as the sign-up bonus to lure players into registering and playing at their casino sites. The bonuses are also used as a way of having players return to the casino to play more
To get a welcome bonus, you will have to register an account with a casino website. You will also have to make a minimum deposit in order to redeem the bonus. If the welcome bonus has a bonus code, you must use the code to claim the bonus.
Top Casino Bonuses Online