European blackjack is a variant of blackjack that has many similarities to the standard game. There are some slight changes in the rules however it is easy to play and understand. Before you can place your bets on the European blackjack table, you need to understand how to play the game. No need to worry. Below we have a thorough guide to playing European blackjack at top casino sites. We take a look at the rules, payouts, and strategy.
Play European Blackjack in 2021
European Blackjack Page Links
- How To Play European Blackjack
- European Blackjack Rules
- Basic Strategy
- European vs. American blackjack
Once you have found a casino site that offers European blackjack, you will go ahead and make a deposit into your casino account. When your funds have reflected into your casino account, you will be ready to start playing European blackjack for real money.
It is important to note that depending onthe casino site you’re playing at, European blackjack games will vary with speed allowing all kinds of players to play the game at their own pace. There are also several different moves in this game that are not found in other blackjack games. In this blackjack game, you are allowed to hit, stand, split, double, and play using insurance. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can play European blackjack at top casino sites.
- Find a European blackjack table that best suits your bankroll. You will be dealt two cards after you have made your bed.
- Decide whether you want to hit or stand. Assuming that the two cards you have received are not a natural blackjack, you will decide whether you would like to hit or stand. It is best to consult a basic strategy in this regard. The standard options that you can play at this particular point are:
- Hit – here, you’ll be asking for another card in order to improve your hand.
- Stand – you opt not to get an additional card.
- Double Down – here you’ll get another card double your original bet.
- Split – you can split your hand into two hands if you have two cards of the same value. It and will have their own bet and will be played separately.
- Surrender – here, you will quit after being dealt your initial hand, and you will get back half your wager.
- Finalize your hand. At this point of the game, you have either improved your hand or still hold a winning hand. If you still have a hand under or equal to 21, you will remain in the game.
- The dealer will reveal his hand. At this step, the dealer will reveal if they face a damn card. If the dealer holds a soft 17 or higher, they will not be able to hit. If the hand that you hold beats the dealer’s hand, then you will win the round.
Now that you know how the game will play out, there are a few basics that we need to iron out. The structure of the game is quite similar to other standard blackjack games. In European blackjack, you will be playing against the dealer. The game is played with 2 to 8 decks of cards where the Joker has been taken out.
The point of the game is still to get a hand as close as possible to 21 in order to win. In terms of card value, cards from 2 to 9 retain their face value, whereas the 10, Jack, Queen, and King are worth 10 points. The Ace card is worth either 11 or 1 points.
Now that we have the basic online blackjack rules out the way, here are some other rules that you need to keep in mind when playing the game.
- For starters, you will lose your entire bet if the dealer has a blackjack.
- You will not be able to split 45 or any ten-valued cards.
- If you choose to split a pair of aces, you will only receive one of a kind for each Ace.
- In European blackjack, you are allowed to double down after split.
- You’ll be allowed to Double Down on an 11, 10, or 9.
- The dealer will have to stand on a soft 17, and they can also draw on 16.
- If you wish to take the insurance bet, you will be allowed to do so.
- You are only allowed to split your hand once, and you cannot play re-split
If you manage to win, you can get an excellent payout depending on how you have one hand. Below is a table that details the different payouts for various hands.
|Insurance bet||2 to 1|
|Hand of 21||1 to 1|
|Any other winning hand||1 to 1|
Like with any other blackjack game, European blackjack is a game that relies heavily on luck as well as strategy. Using the basic blackjack strategy can easily improve your odds while playing the game. You can also use a European blackjack chart which helps you in playing specific hands. The chart will tell you when you should hit, stand, split or double down.
Most charts are based on 6 decks of cards; however, you can also use that if you’re playing a game that uses 4 to 8 decks. It is important to remember that your strategy will be slightly altered depending on the number of decks in use. Therefore, it is essential that before you employ the basic strategy, you know exactly the type of European blackjack game you’re playing. Also, check how many decks are used in the game.
There are four noticeable differences between European and American blackjack.
- There are no hole cards in European blackjack. In American blackjack, the dealer will geta hole card along with their face-up card.
- In American blackjack, the dealer can peek at their hole card. If they have blackjack, the insurance bet will be paid out unless you have a natural blackjack.
- American Blackjack does not have any restrictions to the number of times that you can double down.
- European Blackjack is a much stricter game than American blackjack as there are also fewer splitting options
Other Blackjack Guides