Welcome to the best how-to-play sic bo guide. Sic Bo is one of the casino games with strong cultural origins. For some, getting to know where the game comes from makes playing it more interesting. If you are new to the game and would like to know how to play, we’ve got you covered. We not only explain the basic gameplay but give the best strategy advice on how to maximize your chances of winning real cash while you’re at it.
Best Online Sic Bo Casino Sites
Play Sic Bo Page Content
The Objective of the Game
A big part of learning to play any casino game is to know what you are ultimately playing towards. Sic Bo is a dice game that takes inspiration from other casino games like craps. It’s played on a rectangular casino table and uses three dice instead of the typical two seen in other games.
Each table has the various betting options displayed and you will place your bets in chips on the table close to whichever bet you chose to make. Your objective is to correctly bet on the outcome of the dice once it has come to a standstill after being rolled. You may place as many bets as you like, and if you correctly guess the outcome for any of your bets, you win and will receive a payout.
Sic Bo offers many different betting options which can make the game confusing for some. We’ll get into betting in a few. For now, here are the basic steps to playing sic bo either online or at a land-based casino.
- You begin by placing your wager. Be sure to place your chips in the correct area on the table dedicated to the bet you want to make. As mentioned previously, you are allowed to make as many bets as you want, provided you have the bankroll to fund each bet. If you are playing online all this is done virtually. But if you are playing at a land-based casino the dealer will be there to assist.
- Then, you roll the dice. Online sic bo games use random number generators to produce the outcome of the dice roll. In a land-based casino, the dealer will place the three dice in a cylinder and give it a shake.
- If you have correctly guessed the outcome of the dice, you will receive the equivalent payout at this point. Your winnings will automatically be credited to your account if you are playing online. If you are playing at a land-based casino the dealer will hand you the equivalent payout in chips.
The other important aspect about learning how to play sic bo has to do with the different bets available in the game, what each bet entails, and the expected payout for each.
We’ve gathered about 13 different bets that you can make when you play sic bo. In most cases, the payout, house edge and possible winning combinations for each are unique. Your sic bo strategy, if you choose to use one, will then involve only making bets that offer fair odds.
- Big and Small Bets: Betting on big or small numbers is one of the safest options in the game. A small bet involves betting on small numbers from 4-10. A big bet includes big numbers from 11-17. When you choose to make a big bet, you will win when the total sum of the dice after it’s rolled adds up to between 11-17. You will lose if the total is 18, or between 4 and 10. Similarly, when you choose to make a small bet, you will win when the total sum of the dice equals to between 4 and 10. You will lose if it’s 3, or between 11 and 17.
- Odd/Even Bets: This is another easy betting option great for beginners. Here you bet on whether the outcome of the dice will be an odd or even number. You will win if you bet on an odd number and the dice result in an odd total. You will lose if it results in an even number and vice versa.
- Triple Bets: Triple bets refer to betting on the possibility that all three dice will show the same number. E.g. 333 or 555. Triple bets pay 14:1.
- Specific Triple: A specific triple bet is similar to a triple bet except you must predict the exact triple that will come out and not leave it up to chance.
- Double Bets: Double bets is a bit safer than triple bets but pay less. Here you are betting that at least two of the dice will show the same number. A possible outcome might look like this: 2,2 and 5.
- Single Bets: With single bets, you select the number that you think one, two, or all three of the dice might display. If your chosen number displays on just one of the dice you will be paid out at a ratio of 1:1. If your chosen number appears on two of the dice you will be paid out at a ratio of 2:1 and if it appears on all three dice you receive a payout of 3:1.
- Dice Combo Bet: Here you are betting on two specific dice landing the same outcome. For example, you can predict that dice one and two will show 3 and the outcome of the third dice will be left to chance. If you correctly guess you will receive a payout of 5:1.
- Total Bets: With total bets, you are betting on a single total and not on a total range like with big/small bets. To win, all three dice must add up to the total that you have guessed. Here is a paytable that indicates who these bets payout.
|4 or 17||50:1|
|5 or 16||18:1|
|6 or 15||14:1|
|7 or 14||12:1|
|8 or 13||8:1|
|9, 10, 11 or 12||6:1|
If you are not ready to play sic bo for real money, you have the option of playing in free mode. Many online casinos offer the chance to try the game out for free first where you don’t bet any money but also don’t win any money in return. This option is great for first-time players who are learning how to play sic bo, or even experienced players testing the efficiency of a specific strategy.