If you are looking for a new challenge when playing video poker, Deuces Wild is the perfect game for you. This is one of the video poker variations that can be played online. The game is played with a standard deck of 52 cards, and all the two cards are wilds. This is where the name comes from two can also be known as deuces.
These wild cards can substitute any card on the deck to create a winning hand, which makes winning a whole lot easier. If you a curious to learn how this game works, you have come to the right place. We have created a thorough guide to playing Deuces Wild below. You’ll also find a top casino site that offer this video poker variation, expert strategy as well as the pay tables.
Play Deuces Wild Video Poker
Deuces Wild Page Content
- Deuces Wild Rules
- Hand Rankings in Deuces Wild Video Poker
- Deuces Wild Video Poker Pay Tables
- Optimal Strategy forn Deuces Wild Video Poker
- Deuces Wild Video Poker Payout
Learning how to play Deuces Wild video poker is easy and will only take a few minutes. Once you have found a casino site that offers Deuces Wild, you will make your deposit and head to the game section. There you will click on the game you’d like to play and follow these easy steps:
- Similar to many other video poker games and Deuces Wild, the game will start with you placing a bet before the start of the hand.
- You will click on the deal button, and You will be dealt five cards.
- Then you will have to decide which card would like to keep and which ones you would like to discard.
- The discarded cards will be replaced with new cards that will be used to create a Winning Hand
- Your final hand will be paid out according to the paytable.
It is important to remember that all four deuces in this game act as wild. This makes the hand rankings in this game slightly different and what you would find in regular video poker games. Also, the rankings in this variation of video poker will be slightly different. Here are the various paid hands in Deuces Wild:
- Royal Flush with no deuce – This hand is like a normal Royal Flush, which has a 10, ace, king, queen, and Jack card, all of them the same suit. It is the highest-paying hand in Deuces Wild
- Four deuces – this hand will have four two cards.
- Wild Royal Flush – this is a variation of a normal Royal Flush, which will have two or more two cards. For example, king queen and three twos.
- Five of a Kind – in this hand, you will have five cards of the same value. Or you can have a full part of the same value and one 2 cards.
- Straight flush – this is a hand that has five consecutive cards from the same suit.
- Four of kind – in this hand, you have four cards from the same suit.
- Full house – this hand has three cards of the same value and two other cards that can be different.
- Flush – these are any five cards in the same suit.
- Straight – these are five consecutive cards that don’t have to be from the same suit.
- Three of a Kind – you will have three cards of the same value.
Now that you know all the various hands that you can get in Deuces Wild. Here’s how each hand will payout when you bet between one and five coins:
|Hand||5 Coins||4 Coins||3 Coins||2 Coins||1 coin|
|Wild Royal Flush||125||100||75||50||25|
|Five of a Kind||75||60||45||30||15|
|Four of a Kind||25||20||15||10||5|
|Three of a Kind||2||4||3||2||1|
The best part about playing video poker is that the strategy is based on which cards to hold and which cards to discard. Once you receive you in the initial 5 cards, you will hold cards according to the hand that you’re trying to create.
If you were dealt a Royal Flush, you will not discard any cards. however, if you are dealt a hand that is slightly incomplete, and you’re trying to create, here is how you will play your cards:
- Four to a royal flush – draw one card
- Four of a kind – discard one card
- Three of a kind – draw two cards
- Four to a straight flush – draw one card
- Three to a royal flush – discard one card
- One pair – discard the other three cards
- Four to a flush – discard one card
- Four to a straight – hold four cards, discard one card
- Three to a straight flush – discard two cards
- Two to a royal flush – discard three cards
When playing Deuces Wild online, there are a number of possible winning combinations. Each combination will pay differently. Moreover, is important to remember that the payouts can vary from machine to machine. Again, the number of coins that you use to play can impact your payout. When using an optimal strategy such as the one that we have displayed above, here’s how each hand can pay off:
|Royal Flush||800 to 1|
|Four Deuces||200 to 1|
|Wild Royal Flush||25 to 1|
|Five of a Kind||15 to 1|
|Straight Flush||9 to 1|
|Four of a Kind||5 to 1|
|Full House||3 to 1|
|Flush||2 to 1|
|Straight||2 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||1 to 1|