Tens or Better is a popular video poker variation where all you have to do is have a pair of tens to get a payout. If you have played Jacks or better, then you will be able to play this variation of video poker. Tens or Better resembles Jacks or better, and you’ll still be playing against a machine rather than other players.
To get in on the fun, read our guide below, which will teach you how to play the video poker game. We have also included Tens or Better payout table, strategy, and the top casino sites where you can play this variation.
Play Tens or Better
Tens or Better Page Content
There are a number of Casino sites that have tens or better, and your first step to learning how to play this game is signing up to such a casino site. Once you have completed your registration, you’ll want to deposit it into your casino account. This way, you were able to play the game for real money. Once your deposit reflects into your casino account, you will head to the game section and select tens or better.
- You will then place your bet. You can choose between one and five coins per hand. Making a bed 5 coins allows you to enjoy huge payouts.
- You will be dealt five cards, and you have to choose which cards you would like to keep and which to discard.
- Click on hold on all the cards that you want to keep. The cards you choose to discard will be replaced with new cards in their place.
- To win, you will need to have a pair of tens in your final hand or a better ranking hand.
One of the most important part of playing any type of video poker game is knowing how to read the paytable. Things is no different in Tens or Better as the game also has its unique paytable. The paytable will tell you how much each winning hand will pay you. That way allowing you to determine if it is worth going for a specific hand. Below we show you what a full pay table for Tens or Better would look like. ‘Full pay’ means that this version of video poker is the highest paying version of the game.
|Hand||5 Coins||4 Coins||3 Coins||2 Coins||1 coin|
|Four of a Kind||125||100||75||50||25|
|Three of a kind||15||12||9||6||3|
|Tens or Better||5||4||3||2||1|
Below is a list of the various hands you should aim to have when playing Tens or Better. We have also included a pro tip on how to play each hand according to an optimal strategy.
|Royal Flush||800 to 1||Hold all your cards|
|Straight Flush||50 to 1||Hold all your cards|
|Four of a Kind||25 to 1||Again, Hold all your cards|
|Full House||6 to 1||Don’t discard any of your cards|
|Flush||5 to 1||Hold all your cards|
|Straight||4 to 1||Hold all your cards|
|Three of a kind||3 to 1||Draw two cards while keeping the three alike cards|
|Two Pair||2 to 1||Keep the pair and discard the other three cards|
|Tens or Better||1 to 1||Keep the pair of tens and discard the other three cards|
Like with any casino game playing Tens or Better with a strategy, you can easily improve your odds of winning. While playing video poker can be quite entertaining however when you use a strategy, it can also be profitable. Here are a few tips that you can use to make your gaming experience both entertaining and profitable.
- If you have a paying hand such as a Royal Flush or straight flush, you mustn’t break that hand.
- It can be quite beneficial to bet with five coins when playing Tens or Better as the payouts are profitable for hands and Royal Flush, straight flush, and four of a
- If you are dealt cards that are most likely not going to make a winning combination, it is advised that you keep the cards that have a higher value than 10. The discarded cards can be replaced with better cards to form a pair of tens or a higher-ranking hand.
- The lowest winning combination in this variation of video poker is a pair of tens. So, it is essential to remember that lower pairs will not be useful in this game. It is better to discard them.