What are the Best Bets in Roulette?
Recently updated on February 9th, 2023
Outside bets are the best bets in roulette if you want to play safe and walk away with minimal losses. Inside bets are more suitable for casino players that are ready to risk their bankroll to stand a chance at hitting a big win.
There are other bets that may have the best roulette odds. Below is a bet list that may suit your playing style if you really love playing roulette. We advise using the following bets:
- Red/Black – The odds of these bets are 50/50. This makes this colour bet a great choice.
- Odd/Even – This a popular outside bet that has great odds.
- Column – Up the ante by placing your bet on a column to get a 2:1 payout.
- Straight Up – Maximize your payout by placing your bet on a single number.
- Split – Place your bet on two numbers to increase the odds of hitting a number
Roulette Odds Chart
Below is a roulette payout chart that gives you a layout of every bet you may place on a game of roulette.
|Straight Up Bet||35:1|
|Odd or Even Bet||1:1|
|Red or Black Bet||1:1|
|Low or High Bet||1:1|
Roulette Odds and House Edge Explained
There are 37/38 pockets on a standard roulette wheel and the odds are calculated based on 35 pockets, which is the maximum payout. This payout is secured by a straight up bet win. This means that the house always has an edge. To calculate roulette odds, you must divide the number 36 by the number of squares the bet covers. Then subtract one from the number you got, to give you the payout odds. Therefore, the best odds are red or black, or odd or even. You may also go wild and place your bets on two rows to stand a chance at 6 wins.