One thing that makes players hesitant about playing online craps is the number of betting options. The dice game uses a rather complex table.
It makes the game look a bit harder than what it really is. We would hate to see you miss out on the fun. So, we have created a step-by-step guide to help you learn to play craps online.
We take a look at the rules and the various popular bets along with their payout. Also, we have selected the best crap casinos online that accept Australian players. Whether it’s free, real money or live dealer craps, you’re looking for, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste and bankroll.
Best Online Craps Real Money
Craps Online Real Money Page Links
At first glance, online craps can seem like a complicated casino game because of the table. If you take the time to learn the layout of the craps table, the rules, and the bets, you’ll be able to play in no time.
Online craps is slightly different from playing at a land-based casino. This is because in online craps, the computer takes on the boxman’s duties, the dealer, and the stick man.
The boxman is the one who is in charge and overlooks the entire game. The dealer sits alongside the boxman and monitors different sides of the table. Lastly, there’s the stick man. This is usually the guy in a snazzy suit in charge of the dice.
Generally, he moves the dice from one player to another, depending on whose turn it is. When all bets are made, the stick man will initiate the dice roll. Because you’re playing online, these duties are all performed by the computer.
To get you started, let’s look at the craps rules:
- Firstly, you really need to pay attention to the maximum and minimum bets. These betting limits will tell you whether your bankroll is enough to play at that craps table. This is one of the things you should check out first.
- Secondly, when playing online you can auto-repeat bets. This function of the game is extremely helpful to all craps players as it allows you to analyse your betting strategy. It looks at your past bets helping you make better betting decisions.
- Thirdly, session time is a tool that allows you to keep track of the time you have spent playing craps.
How to Play the Best Online Craps for Real Money
Online craps are about betting on what the shooter does. The shooter is the player who rolls the dice. When playing online, the shooter will be the Random Number Generator. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to play craps:
- You will need to place a bet on the dice roll at the beginning of each round. All crap games begin with a pass line bet, where players bet that the dice will land on a 7 or 11 (pass line) or on 2, 3, or 12 (don’t pass).
- The shooter will roll the dice to establish a point. This is when the game will begin. This is known as the come-out roll.
- You will then need to make a pass or don’t pass bet.
- If the dice lands on 2, 3 or 12, and you made a pass line bet, you will lose. However, if the dice rolls on a seven or an 11, you will win with the pass line bet. Your pass or don’t pass bets will remain in play for subsequent dice rolls.
If 10, 9, 8, 6, 5 and 4 are rolled, then these are known as point numbers on the craps table. The shooter will have to roll again to get a seven. If a seven is rolled before the point numbers, all pass line bets will lose, and all don’t pass bets win.
These are just the basic rules of playing craps. Players may step up their gameplay by further understanding craps bets and payouts. This helps you bet like an expert.
Craps Table Layout
After you have mastered craps rules, you can try playing free online craps. Craps online beginners must learn the table layout for craps to gain complete understanding of the game, the rules, how to place bets, the payouts and the overall gameplay.
A regular craps table has two sides to it. These sides have the same patterns and details. The gameplay between the two sides is the same. The presence of the sides is so that dealers at land-based casinos manage a lot of bettors.
Craps Online for Real Money Bets
To get a handle on how the game is played, you will need to understand craps bets fully. Here are some of the most popular bets that you’ll find in craps.
- Pass Line Bet – The pass line is the bet you make before the come-out roll. This bet will win if the dice lands on a 7 or 11.
- Don’t Pass Bet – The bet wins if a two or three is rolled. It is a push if the dice lands on a 12. During the push, you will win if the dice lands on a seven.
- Come Bet – You will win if the dice lands on the point number, and you will lose if it lands on a seven.
- Don’t Come Bet – The even-money wins if the dice lands on a seven. And you will lose if it lands on the point number.
- Big 6 and Big 8 – With this bet, you will win if the dice lands on a six or an eight. This only applies if it lands on either number before the dice lands on 7.
- Hard ways Bet – This is a perfect pair bet, where both dice have to land on the same number. The duo of numbers has to be rolled before a seven.
Benefits of Playing Craps Online
There are a few benefits of playing online craps, rather than playing craps at a land-based casino. These include:
- Convenience – this is the biggest reason for playing online. You don’t have to dress up and leave your home to enjoy your favourite casino game.
- Relaxed/own pace – for new online craps players, the game is played at a slower pace. Therefore, players can take their time to make decisions.
- Game variety – online casinos have a larger variety of craps games than land-based casinos.
Understanding how each craps bet pays out will help you make better betting choices. You will need to be mindful of the house edge of each bet when you win. Remember this is the percentage the casino will take from each win.
Below we have highlighted the house edge and payout of the most popular craps bets and what your chances of winning would be:
|Pass Line||1.41%||1 to 1|
|Don’t Pass||1.4%||1 to 1|
|Come Bet||1.41%||1 to 1|
|Don’t Come||1.36%||1 to 1|
|Big 6 or 8||9%||7 to 6|
|Field Bet (2 or 12)||5.5%||1 to 1|
|Field Bet (3, 4, 9, 10 or 11)||5.5%||1 to 1|
|Hardways (6 or 8)||9.09%||9 to 1|
|Hardways (4 or 10)||11.1%||7 to 1|
History Of Online Craps
Much like many casino games trying to decipher the origin of craps is hard. There are many theories about where and how craps came about. The most known theory is that the game is created from Hazard, an Old English game and Crabes a French game. Hazard was taught to Sir William of Tyre, an English Noble, by the Romans. The game became popular throughout Europe by making its way into noblemen and royalty houses. The game was then brought to Acadia, a French colony in Canada, in the 1700s by French colonists. Between the 18th and 19th centuries, the game had made its way to Louisiana under its new name,”crebs”.
During the 19th century, the craps game became popular, and the name changed to what we know today. In 1907 the game was revolutionized by John H. Winn. He introduced various changes to the layout of the table. This included the Don’t Pass bets and other changes that are still used in the game.
The only slight difference in the history is who brought the game to Louisiana. It is said around the 18th, and 19th centuries, Bernard Xavier Phillipe is the one who brought the game to Louisiana. Phillipe was a Louisiana gambler and politician. Despite the mismatch of who brought the game to Louisiana. We are happy that John H. Winn adapted the game to what we know today.
What to Do Before Playing Craps Online:
For new Aussie players that are looking to play online craps, here are some tips before playing craps online:
- When gambling at a casino, you must always have a set amount that you will gamble with. When you are happy with your budget (this includes your winnings and losses), it is important that you do not deviate from your budget.
- Find online craps games that matches your gameplay needs. There are different varieties of crap games. Always read the rules or odds that may differ between the craps games variants.
- Always check the minimum and maximum betting limits. Some casinos allow players to adjust their betting limits on craps games. These may change for low or high stakes; however it is essential that this is done before the game begins.
- Check the return to player (RTP) percentage. The standard RTP percentage for craps at most online casinos is 98.64%. Therefore, if the casino site is offering a lower RTP for craps game, then it may be worthwhile to look at other online casino sites to compare.
- Always take advantage of the welcome bonuses that are offered to new players. Also check the wagering requirements. Welcomes bonuses help extend your gameplay.
Like with any casino game, there is no way you can guarantee a win. However, you can develop a strategy to help you beat the house. We have put together some of the best top tips to help you win at craps:
- Bet Reasonably – make sure you pay attention to how you were betting, keeping a betting limit, and try not to make big bets.
- Bets on the Come Roll – you may arrive at a craps casino while the action is already in play. If you are tempted to start playing, don’t. We suggest you wait for the roll to bet. That way, you will face a much smaller house edge.
- Play Using a Strategy – there are plenty of crap strategies you can use to play, and most of them are extremely simple. One of the most effective strategies you can use is to place bets with a house age of 1.4%.
- Avoid the Big Six Or Big 8 – contrary to popular belief, the word”bi” in this bet does not necessarily mean big wins. In fact, this bet has the highest house edge and is not one of the most advisable bets to go with.
- Understand the Odds – As you may have already seen, craps has many bets. You should understand the odds of each bet, so you will know which one works in your favor. This may as well be the big difference between a winning and a losing session.
- Online craps practice – To understand how the game works, we suggest you play free craps before playing for real money. This way, you can practice and learn the various bets without worrying about risking money. When you are comfortable with your gameplay, you can easily move to the real money craps tables to win more cash.
Craps Online FAQs
Yes, many casino sites offer real money craps games. Some of the top casino sites that offer real money craps games include CasinoNic, Ozwin Casino and Play Croco.
Register an account with a virtual casino that offers craps and play for real money or free. We have listed some of the best craps casinos online above.
There is no way of guaranteeing a win each time, but you have to use a craps strategy and play for real money. By using a sound strategy correctly, you can improve your odds of winning drastically.
One of the best strategies to use in craps is to place minimum table bet limits and stay away from bets with high house edges.
To play craps like a pro you will have to dedicated hours of your time honing your skill. This includes making sure that you know and understand the rules, bets and strategies associate with the games. You can also use free craps games to practice your skills and gameplay.
Yes, to win at craps, you need to know which bets to place. However, craps is considered a game of chance as you cannot predict where the dice will land.
See Other Guides