Online Blackjack, which is known by various other names including blackjack 21, is a classic table game that can be found at most online casinos. The game has a low house edge and is relatively easy to play which adds to its popularity.
The aim of the game is in the name itself – you must beat the dealer by building a hand that equals 21. Or, at the very least, build a hand stronger than the dealers to win.
At our online casinos, you are able to turn your love for the game into something profitable by playing online blackjack for real money. You can even play live blackjack. Find more information about how to play, strategy, tips, and more below.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos
Blackjack Online Page Content
- How to Play Blackjack Online
- Blackjack Online Variations
- Best Online Blackjack Strategy and Tips
- Play Blackjack Online
There are certain rules in the game which you must know and follow. The rules are pretty straightforward and contribute to the smooth sailing of the game when obeyed by both parties.
- All bets must be made before the cards are dealt.
- The player always goes first. The dealer thereafter.
- The dealer’s second card, which is dealt face down is called the hold card.
- You can view all your cards when it’s handed to you. But, the dealer can only view his/her second card (face down) if the first card is an Ace or a 10-point card which includes 10, K, Q, and J. This happens so the dealer knows whether he/she has blackjack before proceeding in the game.
- If the dealer does in fact have blackjack, he/she wins and the game is over.
- If your score is the same as the dealer’s, your bet is refunded and the game starts over. This is called a “push”
- The dealer must stand on a hand of 17 or over. So, if he/she has a 16 they can draw another card.
Beginners to blackjack online have nothing to worry about because the game is easy to grasp and the rules are not complicated at all. Your primary objective in the game is to beat the dealer. You do this by building a hand that amounts to exactly 21, or as close to it as possible. You must not go over 21 or else you bust. You also lose if the dealer’s final hand is closer to 21 than yours.
Blackjack uses a 52-card deck and about 6 to 8 decks depending on the casino. You must know the value of each card to play effectively. In blackjack, 2 through 10 go by face value. So, a 2=2 points and 5=5 points etc. The cards J, K, Q are equal to 10 points each and an Ace can equal to 1 or 11. Whichever value you choose for the Ace will depend on your hand. For example, Ace + 2 = 3 (1+2), OR 13 (11+ 2).
- You begin by deciding how much you want to bet per round. Then, make your bet and click the deal button.
- Both you and the dealer will be dealt two cards each. Both your cards will be face up, while the dealer will have one face up and the other face down.
- At this point you should take a second to have a look at your cards and decide on the best move based on the cards you have. You can either stand, hit, split, double down or surrender.
- The various options available to you should be displayed on the screen, so all you have to do is click on the move you want to make.
- With each new card dealt, you will decide to stand, hit, surrender, split or double down until you get a blackjack, or you bust. Same goes for the dealer.
Blackjack is a very diverse casino game with tons of different variations for you to enjoy. Our casinos offer blackjack variations from a multitude of software providers who all add a different perspective to the game. Here are some versions you can expect when you play at our casinos.
- Blackjack (original) by NetEnt
- Atlantic City blackjack by Microgaming
- Blackjack Switch by Red Lake Gaming
- Vegas Strip blackjack gold by Microgaming
- Blackjack perfect pairs by IGT
- Double Exposure blackjack by Red Lake Gaming
- Hi-Low Blackjack by Realistic
- Perfect Blackjack Multihand by Playtech
- Blackjack surrender by Playtech
- 6 Card Charlie blackjack by Espresso Games
If you would like to master the game of blackjack, then you might want to incorporate a strategy into your gameplay. Below we’ve summarised top strategy tips from our blackjack experts to help you win big in the game.
To all beginners we highly recommend using a basic blackjack strategy card. It lists your possible hands, in conjunction with the dealer’s upcard, and proposes the best move to make.
Card counting is one of the more obvious techniques that you can use to try and up your game. But, it only works in land-based casinos where you know for certain how many decks are used. Card counting refers to manually estimating the number of high or low cards in the shoe at any given point. Knowing what card might come next can help you play better and feel more in control of the game.
At online casinos, the deck is automatically reshuffled after each hand, and casinos don’t always specify how many decks of cards are used. This makes it near impossible to try and guess what card is next.
You can also use a betting system as part of your blackjack strategy. Players are often conflicted about how much they should bet on every round. Fortunately, there are many betting systems out there to help you decide. Most of the betting systems follow the progressive betting idea which states that you must increase your bet amount after every losing bet because you are bound to win at some point. And, when you do, you will have accrued enough money to cover what you’ve lost so far, and you might even have some profit.
Some online casinos include side bets into the game, giving you more ways to play. Each blackjack variation has its own set of side bets. These include: Super seven side bets, Perfect pairs side bets, Bonus Blackjack, and Progressive Jackpot side bets.
However, many believe that side bets are just another way for the house to make more money out of you, so it’s advised that you don’t make this bet at all.
Remember, at our casinos, you are able to play blackjack for free and real money. You can also play the blackjack game on your phone via the mobile casino option, or on desktop. Blackjack is one of the casino games that can be played live too. Visit any of our casinos to play for real money.
Online Blackjack FAQs
We recommend playing the traditional blackjack version. With a house edge of about 0.5%, you could win some money if you play your cards right. All other variations have pros as well. It’s just a matter of preference.
No, it is not illegal to play blackjack online.
Yes, you certainly can. If you play well, beat the dealer and implement proper bankroll management then you stand a chance to win big.
It depends what rich is to you. Many players have won good sums of money playing blackjack over time. You would have to be very consistent with playing and winning to become rich from the game.
To win blackjack with a $100 bill you must use your money sparingly. Bankroll management is key here.
The general rule is to avoid splitting 10’s because 20 is as good a hand as any.
Yes, it is. Blackjack is a very popular casino game, with one of the lowest house edges out there. It’s also enjoyable and easy to play.
You can, if you want to. But, the key is knowing when to hit on 16. You must place close attention to the dealer’s hand, and decide whether hitting is worth a shot.
The dealer must stand on a 17. But it’s advisable for players to stand on this number too. 17 is considered a fair hand value, and the chances of hitting and going bust is high.
Yes, when you play at our casinos you can have peace of mind because all our games are fair and safe. Our casinos use random number generators to spit cards out which makes every deal completely random.