Online roulette is a simple casino game played with a mesmerising wheel and betting table. All you have to do is guess where you think the ball will land and place a bet.
You can experience the thrill of the iconic game by learning how to play roulette online here. In a matter of minutes, you will be ready to place bets on real money online roulette Australia. In this guide, we look at the rules, roulette variations, various bets and more.
Play Roulette Online
Online Roulette Page Content
- Online Roulette Rules
- Types Of Roulette Online Bets
- Play Roulette Online Free
- Roulette Online Casino FAQs
Similar to many other casino games, online roulette uses a random number generator to produce its results. The game uses a wheel and a table filled with various bets.
The rules of playing online roulette are pretty simple, and in no time, you’ll be able to get started. You will place the bet on the table, which is in correlation to the roulette wheel. When the round begins, the ball will be dropped into the wheel.
When the wheel stops spinning, the ball will land in a particular pocket, and bets will be compared to the results. Each player with the winning bet will be paid out.
How To Play Online Roulette Real Money
Now that you know the rules, here is a step-by-step guide on how to play the game. Remember to register to a regulated casino site to play.
- Decide on how much you want to stake.
- Place a bet by putting your chips on the betting option that you would like to go for.
- When all bets are made, the wheel will be spun.
- The winning number will be determined based on where the ball lands. If you have the winning bet, you will be paid out.
- If you want to continue playing after the last outcome, you can do so. However, if you want to check out, you can visit the cashier and request your withdrawal.
Online Roulette Wheel
Depending on the roulette game you are playing the roulette wheel will have 36 to 38 pockets. The European and French roulette wheel has on zero and the American wheel will have two zeros.
The pockets on the wheel will alternate from red to black. The numbers on the wheel are not consecutive.
The best part about playing online roulette is that there are several bets that you can place. The bets are divided into inside bets and outside bets. Here is a breakdown of how each bet works.
- Straight bet – this is a bet on one single number.
- Split bet – this is a bet on two numbers next to each other.
- Street bed – a bet on three consecutive numbers on the board.
- Square or corner bet – betting on numbers in a specific area. The numbers generally share a corner.
- Double Street – this bet is placed on six numbers.
- Red or black – with this bet, you are betting on the ball landing on a red or a black number.
- HiLo – you will be betting on half the numbers on the wheel. So, you will either bet on 1 to 18 or 19 to 36.
- Odds or even – with this bet, you bet on the final number to be an odd or an even number.
- Column bet – betting on 12 consecutive numbers.
La Partage is a unique French roulette bet which offers players insurance on their losses. If the ball lands on the zero, you will get half of your bet back.
En prison is a similar bet to La Partage. It is also an insurance bet. With this bet, a marker is placed on even-money bets. Should the ball land on zero, you will effectively put your bet in prison for the next spin. You will repeat the bet, and if the ball lands on your number, your original bet is returned
Online Roulette Game: Types
Online roulette has several variations you will come across. Here are the most popular roulette variations that you’ll be able to play online.
- European Roulette – This variation of roulette is extremely popular as it has a house edge of 2.7%, making it the best paying variation. It uses a 36-number wheel that only has one zero pocket.
- American roulette – The high house edge on this variation is 5.2%, and it uses a roulette wheel with 38 pockets, including two zeros.
- French roulette – Similar to European Roulette, however, with a lower house age of 1.3%. The roulette wheel only has 36 pockets and one 0 There are also two unique bets which you can use to improve your odds.
- Live Roulette – Live dealer roulette is extremely popular amongst players who are looking for a real-life gaming experience. The live game uses the same roulette wheels and tables as what you would find in online roulette.
- Mini roulette – Mini roulette games are a smaller version of the European game. The mini version plays on a wheel that only has 12 numbers. The best part about this version of the game is that you will get half your stake back if the ball lands on zero.
- Multi-ball roulette – Played with up to 10 balls all at the same time. The increased number of balls give you more opportunities to get more guesses correct. The variation uses the same format that you would find in a European Roulette. However, the game has a progressive jackpot bet which ups the ante.
- Multi Wheel roulette – There are about eight wheels spinning simultaneously, and the bets you make will be used across all eight wheels. You can reduce the number of wheels that are playing at the same time.
One of the best things about playing online roulette is that there are free games that you can play. When you play roulette online, there are few things that you need to look out for. Things such as the table limit, strategy and the various bets contribute to how well you do in the game.
We have to admit that trying to remember all these things can get overwhelming and very quickly. One of the best ways to acquaint yourself with roulette games is to use the free roulette game online.
These games allow you to learn the basics of the games, strategies and to practice your gameplay. They are also a great way to get an understanding of how the various variations work.
Online Roulette Tips and Tricks
To be honest, not much skill goes into learning how to play roulette. The game is pretty random. However, there are a few tips and tricks that you can use to ensure that you get the most out of each game that you play.
Set A Budget – When you have a set bankroll, stick to this budget and don’t go over. The last thing you want to do is play with money that you can’t afford to lose.
Play the Best Paying Roulette Game – One of the best ways to ensure that you have improved your odds or any chances of winning is to play the roulette game with the highest return to the player. With this particular casino game, we would suggest playing European Roulette as it has a house age of 2.7%.
Learn the Rules – Like with any casino game knowing the rules of each variation that you play will make it easier for you to win, when you understand the rules of the game, it’s easier for you to change strategy to suit the game.
Set Limits – Consider setting spending as well as a time limit. This will ensure that you know when to stop spending and when it’s time for you to walk away. A time limit will ensure that you know when it’s time for you to stop playing.
Practice for Free – Roulette casinos allow you to play risk-free without spending any money. These demo games allow you to practice your strategy for free.
Roulette is a game of chance as there is nothing that you can do to ensure the outcome of where the ball lands. However, there are a few betting strategies that you can use to improve your chances of winning.
Some of the popular betting strategies that you can use include:
- Martingale – you will have to double your bet with each loss. When you win you will go back to your original bet.
- James Bond – with this system you have to decide on an amount to spend in a round. You spilt the bet on high and low numbers as well as the 0 all in one go.
- D’ Alembert – the negative progression system where you will make bet using a set sequence.
- Fibonacci – each bet on this system follows a sequence. The lost bets can be recouped by betting that amount in the next round.
Yes, playing online roulette in Australia is legal. You can play roulette legally at regulated casino sites such as the ones we have recommending in this site.
Casinonic is the best roulette casino site. The casino offers various roulette games and you will find bonuses and promotions that can be used to play roulette.
Yes, you can win money playing online roulette games. To win money playing roulette you will have to play real money games and play at safe casino that pay out.
The best bets in roulette are the outside bets as they cover various numbers in each bet. These bets have favourable odds which can work in your favour.
Yes, while roulette is a game of luck, there are betting strategies that you can use to improve your odds. These strategies are all based on how you should bet to get the most out each wager that you place.
Yes, if you are playing at a licensed and regulated casino site like the ones we review, you can rest assured that the games are fair.
Yes, online roulette games are legit as they use a random number generator to ensure each outcome is random. Also, if you are playing at licensed casino side you can rest assured that the RNG is regularly audited to return fair outcomes each time the wheel is spun.
To win roulette games, you will need to take some time practising free games before playing for real money. Use the free games to practice your gameplay and strategies.
No, online roulette tables are not rigged as the regulated casino are audited regularly to ensure fairness. The casinos and roulette wheels will be audited by trusted third parties to ensure that all is above aboard.
You can make money playing online roulette by using a betting system. Betting systems guide you on how to best increase your returns.
See Other Guides