One arm bandits are also known as 3 reel pokies and are some of the most popular pokies you play at casinos. Whether it is a land-based or web-based casino site, this traditional form of pokies is the easiest game you come across. Three-reel pokies are essentially where all pokie machines started.
While there may not be as innovative or impressive as the modern slots we come across, these vintage-styled pokies are easy to play and make money from. You may be wondering why 3 reel pokies are still popular in this day and age. You have come to the right place for answers. We take you through the evolution of 3 reel pokies and share some of the best three-reel pokies you can play at top casinos in Australia.
Play 3 Reel Pokies Online
3 Reel Pokies Page Content
- History Of 3-Reel Pokies Games
- 3-Reel Pokies Rules
- Types Of Three-Reel Pokies
- Benefits Of 3-Reel Online Pokies
These gambling machines have three revolving reels, which are set into motion when you make a bet and click on the spin button. The game aims to get matching symbols on the reels on a pay line to win. Free classic slots first made their appearance in 1895.
Charles Fay created the first three-reel slot, which was named the Liberty Bell. This pokey consisted of three reels and one pay line. It had symbols such as the Liberty Bell, stars, spades, hearts, diamonds, and a horseshoe. Similar to you place bets in pokies today, to set the reels in motion, you would have to insert a coin and pull a lever attached to the side of the machine.
Three-reel pokies have come a long way since then but now offering more pay lines, a variety of coin bets, as well as other symbols. There are also different variations of three-reel pokies, and some have interesting themes. The thing that remains popular amongst those type of three-reel pokies is that the symbols and simplicity of the games has not changed
Getting started with three-reel pokies as easy as these games can be found at any casino site online. They require minimal preparation and have a few easy-to-understand buttons, so they are easy to play. There are no tips or strategies that you can use to impact the outcome of three-reel pokies. The games are based on luck, but you still need to know how to play the game. So here are five easy steps to use when playing three-reel pokies.
- Find a casino site that offers three-reel pokies that you want to play.
- Make a deposit using any of the banking methods on offer.
- Select the game you want to play and take a look at its paytable to get an idea of what each symbol pays. You will also find out whether the game has any additional bonus features.
- Set your bet amount, then click on the spin button to set the reels in motion. There is also an autoplay function that automatically set the reels in motion for you for a selected amount of spins
- When the reels stop spinning and you happen to have a winning combination, it will appear on the screen. All winning combinations will be paid out before you can make your next bet.
There are three types of three-reel pokies that you can play. Below you take you through the types of 3 reel pokies online
Three Reels and One Pay Line
These pokies only have one pay line, and it is the most basic type of three-reel slot you’ll find. It resembles the Liberty Bell, where there are no additional features a bonus rounds that you have to worry about. This is a great poker machine for new slot players as it is quite simple.
Three Reels and Three Pay Lines
With these pokies, you have more chances of winning as there are more pay lines. These pokies have more features and betting options than you’d find with the one pay line games. You can also expect great payouts from these pokies.
Three Reels and Five Pay lines
For more advanced three-reel pokies playing the machine with pay, lines are perfect. You will find bonus features such as cascading reels, multipliers, free spins and rolling reels. You also enjoy massive payout from these poker machines as they are for more ways to win.
Top 10 Three Reel Pokies
There are hundreds of online pokies, and trying to find interesting three-reel pokies can take a little while. So, we have found the best three-reel slots that you can play online.
- Jackpot 6000 – NetEnt
- Double Diamond – IGT
- Sevens and Bars – Rival
- Triple profits – Playtech
- Mystery Joker – Play ‘n Go
- Golden Horns – Betsoft
- Cherry Trio – iSoftBet
- Blue Diamond – Red Tiger
- Super Hot – Wazdan
- Sunset Delight – Thunderkick
While three-reel slots may look uninteresting, there are a few reasons why you should give them a try. Here are few benefits that come with playing three-reel slots.
- These poker machines are easy to understand and open as they also don’t have many buttons to confuse players.
- You can enjoy the reel pokies from anywhere you are available on both desktop and mobile devices.
- They are no distracting elements that come with three-reel pokies.
- All you have to do is set a bet amount, and these three-reel pokies were created for all kinds of players, and there is no bankroll too small. You can set your bet amount to suit your pocket.
Drawbacks of Playing 3 Reel Online Slots
- Single-payline pokies like three reels payout less, and your chances of winning are lower.
- Many pokies with less reels have higher betting amounts.