Because pokies is a game of chance, you might not see why it’s necessary to use a pokies strategy. But, with any given casino game it’s proven that it’s better to go in with a clear plan than no plan at all. We’ve put together this online pokies strategy tips guide to help you better your chances of winning when you play.
We offer our best advice on how to win real money when playing pokies online. We also give some great pokie strategy tips for you to use in your next game.
Top Online Pokie Casino Sites
Pokies Strategy Page Guide
There are many different pokies strategy and tips that you can try. We’ve only included five of the best strategies to help you win. Applying any of these strategies should automatically improve your chances of winning.
Pay Attention to Paylines
Any given pokie game comes with a number of paylines. Some pokies might have more paylines than others, but they all serve the same purpose. To maximize your chances of winning, you should activate all the paylines each time you spin the reels. But, activating paylines comes at a cost to you, and the more paylines you activate, the more you’ll have to wager. So, have a look at the number of paylines the pokie you would like to play has, and check the minimum cost per line. Then, decide if this is something you can afford or not. If you have a small budget, we advise you to play on a 5 or 3 reel pokie machine. This will allow you to put all 5 in play and the cost per payline shouldn’t be that high either.
If your pockets run a little deeper, you can go ahead and risk it on a 25 payline pokie machine. You’ll be betting a lot more money per spin, but you’ll also stand to win a lot more back should you be so lucky.
Play Pokies with High RTP Percentages
Your second approach to playing pokies should be centered on finding a pokie machine with a good payout percentage. Payout percentage is abbreviated RTP or Return to Player. It refers to the percentage of money you can expect to win back if you win. The higher the payout percentage, the better.
Pokie machines have an RTP range of between 92% – 98%. A 92% RTP means that out of all the money wagered on that particular pokie machine, 92% of it will go to the players as winnings while the other 8% will be kept as profit. Your goal as pokie player is to cash in on the 92%. This begins by choosing a game with the highest RTP possible. The rule of thumb is to opt for a game with an RTP of 96% or higher.
Consider Pokie Variance
Pokie machines differ not only in design, RTP, and the overall type of slot but also in variance. The variance of a slot game refers to how risky it is to play that particular game. There are games with high risk and games with low risk. We call these games with low and/or high volatility. Our next pokies strategy involves finding a pokie machine with very minimal risk attached to it. You want to win money, not lose any. High volatility slots payout in large amounts, but this happens rarely. Low volatility slots pay out more often but in significantly smaller amounts. Volatility information is not as readily available as RTP information is. In this instance, you will have to assess the volatility level of the game yourself.
Number of Coins & Coin Value
The number of coins you bet and the value of that exact amount of coins isn’t the same thing. It can be quite a complex idea to wrap your head around but we’ll try our best to explain. It comes down to the fact that coins are better to use as a commodity than actual dollar bets.
Our resident pokie players have come together to bring you a list of their best pokies strategy tips. These tips will not guarantee you a win, but it does help you put your best foot forward in the game.
- Begin by setting your budget. You’ll thank yourself later. You might even want to leave all credit cards at home and play with cash only. Much greater discipline is needed when you are playing online though.
- If you happen to experience a long losing streak, never increase your betting limit at this time. If anything, you should decrease it until you begin winning some money.
- Always play pokies with spare money that you can afford to lose. You should not be playing with money meant for something important, like an everyday living expense.
- Pokie games that have high minimum and maximum betting limits are the ones that pay the most. Try to always go for those.
- If you won a lot of money in your previous pokie game, don’t expect the same fortune in your next game and vice versa. Luck doesn’t work that way.
- It’s best to quit the game while you are winning some money. It’s best to leave with something than to leave with nothing.
- It’s better to play at a land-based casino than it is to play at other land-based venues like pubs for example. Casinos generally offer better prizes than pubs.
- Don’t gamble when you are drunk or under the influence of anything.
- Approach the game with the aim to have fun. Winning money is just the cherry on top.
At our online casinos, you are able to play pokies for real money and for free! Moreover, when you sign up today you will receive a welcome bonus package often accompanied by free spins to use on selected pokie machines. This gives you the perfect opportunity to test out your pokie strategy. All games can be accessed on desktop and mobile.
Other Pokie Guides